For those of you who were present at the creation, I found the following in the archive of The Santa Barbara News Press, dated June 13, 2012:
Former Santa Barbara resident, Arthur H. North, 97, died June 8, 2012, at his home in San Jose, California.
Mr. North was born September 8, 1914, in Moline, Illinois, to Clarence and Ila North. He attended Whittier College, as well as UCLA and USC, and earned his Masters Degree in Education Administration.
Mr. North married Alice Campbell in October of 1939. He worked throughout Los Angeles and Santa Barbara as a teacher, coach, vice-principal, principal and associate superintendent. Mr. North was respected and admired by all who knew him, especially the students who had the privilege of being coached or mentored by him. To this day, the football field of Temple City High School (North Field), is named in his honour. He retired in 1975 from the position of Associate Superintendent of the Santa Barbara City School District.
He is survived by his wife of 73 years, Alice; son, Scott, daughter, Shelley Smith; and, numerous grand-, great-grand-, and great-great-grandchildren.
Hail and farewell! I will dig out a photo asap. RC
TCHS Alumni News
Temple City (California) High School
News Views: TCHS Alumni News Log
ASSOC. EDITOR NEEDED Info
- Class of 1989 Reunion to Occur September 28
- Class of 1959 Reunion Announcement
- Fred Folsom '58
- Assn. to Compile Comprehensive List of Alumni
- Gary Ranker '60, friend, father, career coach
- Class of '69 Reunion Search Continues
- Newspaper, Yearbook Take Writing Honors
- Class of '89 Schedules 30th Year Reunion
- '70s Rams Roundup!' theme for 'Class of 73 PLUS' reunion
- Former Oak Ave. Teacher Ronda Carlson Celebrates 80th Birthday
- C/78 Loses Rhemrev, Holcomb
- TC Little League Anticipates 65th Year
- Class of '69 Sets Reunion May 17, 2019
- New (Experimental) Features
- Ramble Returns