Temple City High School
Class of 1963 • 50th Year Reunion
October 4-6, 2013
Friday, October 4
- Reception – 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm Shorecliffs Beach Club – If you are planning to join us, you will need a parking permit to avoid having your car towed away. You will receive a parking permit when you turn into the parking lot. Look for Green and Gold Balloons and a person holding a TCHS sign. Please indicate on the reservation form if you will be joining us for the reception. The Shorecliffs Beach Club has limited accessibility for handicapped individuals. The cost for the Reception is $5 per person which includes pizza and refreshments. Please contact Cheryl Powitzky at (949) 481-1410 (Skype available) or email her. See Map for directions to Shorecliffs Beach Club. Dress is beach casual.
- If you choose to do Dinner on your own or group with others: See Trip Advisor for restaurants in Dana Point, San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano. Suggestion – group up and pick a local eatery (many to choose from at Dana Point Harbor, downtown San Clemente and San Clemente Pier area).
Saturday, October 5
- Cheryl Hendrix Powitzky is offering Brunch at her home from 9:00am to 1:00pm. Her address is 2711 Via Bandita, San Clemente, CA 92672. Again, please RSVP to Cheryl to let her know how many to expect. (See contact information for Cheryl above.)
- Other Breakfast options -
- Dana Point Harbor offers many choices
- In Dana Point – Harbor Café or Stack’s Pancake House on PCH.
- In San Clemente – Antoine’s Café on Camino Real (PCH) downtown SC; Garden Cafe – at the Pier; Adele’s Café – at old Western White House (I-5 Calafia St. Off ramp)
- During the Day
- Dana Point Harbor is a local attraction.
- Historic San Juan at the Train Depot
- San Clemente Pier and Beach Walk (North Beach to Pier 1.2 mi)
- Evening Reception (5:00pm)
- Bella Collina Towne and Golf Club,
200 Avenida La Pata San Clemente, CA 92672
- Dress for the evening is Country Club Casual No Denim (men or women); Shirts must have collars; No Shorts; Jackets not required.
- Evening Program
- 5:00 pm - Guest registration; No Host Bar in the adjoining Cocktail Lounge; Hors d'Oeuvres – Social Hour
- 6:30 pm - Seating in the main dining room
- 6:45 pm - Welcome - Introduce the Organizing Committee. Opening comments:
- 7:00 pm - Dinner is served
- 8:00 pm - Recognition/Speakers, etc.
- 11:00 pm - Alma Mater
- Bella Collina Towne and Golf Club, 200 Avenida La Pata San Clemente, CA 92672
Sunday, October 6th
- For our 46th Reunion, we did not plan for activities on Sunday, getaway day. As a result, an impromptu breakfast came about and a number of couples ended up having breakfast at the municipal golf course. Everyone who participated said this was a great way to end the weekend.
- This year, we are going to offer a Sunday Brunch at the Bella Collina Towne and Golf Club (10:00am-1:00pm). It will be a buffet style breakfast featuring scrambled eggs, cinnamon brioche French Toast, bacon, sausage, potatoes, sweet rolls and beverage for $16 per person (tax and gratuity included).. The breakfast is subject to a minimum participation, so we will need to have reservations in advance. Should the minimum participation (50) not be met, your deposit will be returned to you.
Hotels / Motels
Cheryl contacted three locals hotels and reserved a block of ten rooms/suites at
a discounted rate. Tell them you are with the Temple City High School Reunion group.
- Marriott Residence Inn, 33711 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano. This is a relatively new hotel built three years ago, and is located on a hill overlooking the Doheny Beach and harbor. The guaranteed rate per night is $156 for a studio suite (normal rate for a suite is $199 per night). Complimentary full hot breakfast, pool and spa. For reservations call Marriott (800) 331-3131 or (949) 443-3600 on or before 9/13/2013.
- Holiday Inn Express, located at 35 Via Pico Plaza, San Clemente. The guaranted rate is $109 per night. Also offers complimentary hot breakfast, pool and spa.For reservations call (800) 874-0860 or (949) 498-8800 on or before 9/15/2013.
- Hampton Inn, (owned by Hilton) located at 2481 S. El Camino Real San Clemente, CA 92672. Their normal seasonal rate for a standard room is $159. The guaranteed discounted rate is $129 per night. This includes wireless internet access, complimentary parking, complimentary “on the house full hot buffet breakfast, heated outdoor pool and spa. For reservations call (949) 366-1000 with ID = Temple City High School Reunion-50th.
Remember – If you have a Camper or RV, Doheny State Beach has reasonable overnight rates.