Judy Million Pirrie '60 reports: Jean Million Leanos of the class of "64 passed away on August 12, 2012. Jean was born in Belleville, Illinois, but the family moved to Temple City in 1955 and Jean started 4th grade at Longden School. At Temple City High she was a member of the 4 Temple Bells plus concert choir and women's choir.
After graduating she went to beauty school and eventually opened her own shop. She mainly worked with wigs, and when a cancer patient would come in to try on wigs or have one styled, she would close her shop so they would have privacy.
She married Frank Leanos in 1992 and they lived in San Dimas. Jean and Frank loved to travel. They have cruised all over the world and have driven to almost all 50 states. In August she suffered a massive heart attack at home and was gone almost instantly.
Jean is survived by her Husband Frank Leanos, her mother Mary Million, her Sister Judy Million Pirrie class of '60, her niece Debbie Pirrie Silver class of '81 and niece Jennifer Pirrie Casy class of '91 plus her cousins and grand nieces and nephews. Jean was laid to rest at Rose Hills, Whittier.
TCHS Alumni News
Temple City (California) High School
News Views: TCHS Alumni News Log
ASSOC. EDITOR NEEDED Info
- Newspaper, Yearbook Take Writing Honors
- Class of '89 Schedules 30th Year Reunion
- '70s Rams Roundup!' theme for 'Class of 73 PLUS' reunion
- Former Oak Ave. Teacher Ronda Carlson Celebrates 80th Birthday
- C/78 Loses Rhemrev, Holcomb
- TC Little League Anticipates 65th Year
- Class of '69 Sets Reunion May 17, 2019
- New (Experimental) Features
- Ramble Returns
- Kevin Carey '75
- Football Season Just Around Corner
- Golfers Take Note
- Suspect Charged in Murder of Peter Bentz '67
- Class of '78 Resets Reunion Plan
- Mark Oliver '77