TCHS Alumni News
Temple City (California) High School
 •   •   •   • 

Alumni Galleries » TC Schools Images, History

Opened in 1950, Emperor was the district's third elementary (K-6) school.

Item ID: 9127

Opened in 1950, Emperor was the district's third elementary (K-6) school.

The three "finger" wings and the small extension of the northernmost, which contains the administrative and nursing offices, are original. The cafeteria-auditorium was added in approximately 1953. The larger buildings along the southwest fence are more recent. The most central large building stands on the original hard surface playground; the current hard surface area at the north was added later. The northwestern baseball diamond is Little League 60 foot scale. The large tree on the third base line predates the school.

As with all the elementary schools in the district, the original properties are inadequate for the increased population living in apartments and mini-mansions that have replaced the 1940-60 tract houses of the development era.

Details and updates are welcome.

R. Clark '60, August 2014.

Home • Lost & Found • Advertise! • Contact